I follow a few fitness themed accounts on Instragram, I love seeing people's transformations and dedication. It it so disheartening to see how many people say the following:
"I wish I was skinny."
"Why can't I look like this."
"So jealous of your body right now."
"I wish I could be you."
You know the comments.
These thoughts and feeling about your own body stem from somewhere. At some point these people were told they were not good enough and need to look "better." Whose place is it to say something like that to another person? Why can't we see the amazing things our bodies do no matter what it looks like? Why is it easier to say something horrible than something encouraging?
Instead of look at our faults we need to start admiring our bodies for the things they do for us and admiring the variety that surrounds us.Our bodies do amazing things just to keep us alive from day to day despite the ways we can find to abuse them.
I have had my times where I'm not happy with how I look or feel but I've NEVER hated anything to the point where I try to convince myself that I am not good enough so I can't relate to that but I can't stand seeing other people think that about themselves.
Cherokee Meade aka Cherry Dollface, a model in Los Angeles I found on You Tube a while ago and I just adore her. She is all for accepting everyone as they are whether you like it or not, finding parts about yourself that you love then emphasizing it and generally putting out the happy, positive love vibes. She is a hige inspiration for me to improve my outlook everyday. This is a video she posted on Christmas day last year.
I absolutely accept her challenge of uplifting ourselves and others this year.
Loving your hair, your shoulders or your hands is not being vain, it is loving yourself and everyone deserves to love themselves.
Don't stand away and just admire someone's shoes or hair tell them! Offer to help someone load their groceries into their cars, compliment a stranger online on anything they are proud of accomplishing.
The more light and love abound the less darkness there can be in the world.
We all have worth and are equal with all others. We all deserve to be reminded of that everyday.
No comments:
Post a Comment