Saturday, 27 October 2012

More

I was just writing up our thank you cards when my heart was struck with an overwhelming gratefulness for all we have. We didn't have many guests but each of them has played an important role in our lives in one way or another.
Ignoring political "leadership" we live in a fantastic country where we can all be who we are without fear of mob retaliation. Jason had a great job that provides us with more than enough to cover what we need. I have a wonderful husband (hee hee) who sacrifices coming home every night to make sure his family is taken care of. He accepts every facet of who I am and finds the good in all of them. We have beautiful girls who teach us a bit more about ourselves and what we can accomplish everyday.
We have supportive families who are always there when we need to be regardless of what poor choices we have made.
Our friends are our extended family. They show us our mistakes and how to learn from them, hold out hands through hard time, lend shoulders when we need a cry and have kicked us when we need it and above all accept us for who we are.

I am just incredibly grateful for all I have and for the people I have to share it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment