Thursday, 18 October 2012

My Haven

Well the wedding happened! Saturday, October 13 I got up, got my pretty on and we got hitched in Banff. It was far from flawless, I forgot to tell the photographer that I was at a different hotel then her, I'm a airhead like that, but it all worked out  in some way to get the job done.
This isn't a post about the wedding though, it's about the location of the wedding. For anyone who knows me you know that Banff National Park is my favorite place to be. EVER! I dream about it day and night, it makes me calm, most of the time, and I never want to leave.
This was the view from my hotel room balcony on Saturday morning.




Why would one move away from this?! Jason that's who! He grew up here and the location options were Calgary or Banff.
I have always loved going there, however my love really hit me when I was away for three months. My parents lived in Phoenix for a while and I stayed with them for 3 months and it was awful. I didn't miss my boyfriend at the time as much as I missed looking over and seeing the Rockies. When I got home all I wanted to do was head out and spend a week going through the mountains, that' snot really a great idea in December but I didn't care. The Rockies stretch for into  New Mexico and they are beautiful in Colorado but it is nothing compared to what straddles British Columbia and Alberta.
Obsessed?
Possibly, but at least it's a healthy obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment