![]() | |||
| I wish I could credit his photo. If you know who took it please tell me. |
Welcome to 2012 y'all! Jason and I did absolutely nothing this year. B was at my mom's, the babies went to bed early and we played video games all night. It was nice to avoid the crowds we would have faced if we had gone anywhere.
I usually don't make resolutions or goals for New Years. They're usually made with ridiculous expectations and started half heartedly. I do have a few things I want to work on this year though. They are things that I try and keep going in my life, I just think that now is the time to give them more of a push.
1) Forgiving and accepting- Forgiveness is something I have worked on for a very long time. To me forgiving and accepting doesn't mean forgetting the awful things a person has done and continuing a relationship with them. It means recognising that you had a lesson to learn from a certain situation and can move on being a little bit wiser. It happened, you've said what needs to be said, drop it and live life with or without that person.
2) Go with my gut- Sometimes I second guess my initial feelings about people or a decision that I've made. Generally my first thoughts on a person are correct. I either feel that I can open up around them or I can't. Decisions that I make are a bit harder and I flip flop on things often. I've decided to think on a subject once and make a decision, I really don't have the time to have everything running through my head all the time.
3) Make a bit of time for meditation everyday- Even if it's only 5 minutes. For a while I meditated every night before bed and while I was in the habit everything seemed easier. I was more patient, people around me were happier, I slept better, ate less....well you get the picture. For me a calm mind makes my whole world better. Meditating everyday will make goals one and two easy peasy.
I'm trying to not get preachy or spiritual on here, I don't think things like that are appropriate for public forums, it's too personal. Let me know if I start to go over that line.
These are really just things that need continual work more than goals but I think they're important. On a side note, I worked out today for the first time in a long time, I may not be able to pick up my toddlers tomorrow, if you would like to do it for me please let me know.
Bye for now!
Alisha

maybe I should meditate... on how cool I am.
ReplyDelete;P