Wednesday, 11 January 2012

Bits of This and That

1. I am Reading The Sisters Brothers right now. A westernish book is not something I would normally be drawn to but there was something about it that kept calling to me. Everytime I walked passed it or saw it online it whispered something along the lines of, "You will love me. Buy me and ignore your children until you have finished devouring every page of me."
I love it. Patrick deWitt has a gift for getting the reader emotionally vested in a character. Just read it.

                          

2. I've watched Bridesmaids twice in the last two days. It's just so funny. Really I just couldn't help it. Well there is that scene with the speeches at the engagement party that make me feel embarrassed for Annie, but I still just had to watch it.

3. My friend Angela has a little girl named Sadie, her first birthday party was this passed Saturday. It was nice to see everyone I hadn't in a while, Especially our friend Renata and her kids, whom I hadn't met yet, their pretty cute. The girls all had fun and Sadie is so stinkin' cute I can hardly stand it. Since I didn't get any pictures there is one I stole from Angela.


3. It drives me crazy, crazy,crazy that at the age of six, kids at my daughter's school bully each other to the point that the victim doesn't want to go to school. The girls are also starting with the silly little drama that makes friendships hard to hang on to. There is so much pressure from every direction for "perfection" that our poor kids can't even enjoy their recess without feeling like crap. Why is this ok? Oh wait, some douche bag sitting in an office somewhere needs a vacation, which is paid for by people who will buy his product, because he's convinced us it will make part of us perfect.

4. My kids are so cute it makes my heart hurt. They have the craziest imaginations which makes for the cutest moments.

5. Baby B was sick the last week J was home. Really sick, she ate half a cracker and drank two sippy cups of water kind of sick. She also loves Jason more then she loves me especially when she's sick and they end up sleeping in very similar positions. It's so darn adorable and I almost never get a picture of it.



I think that's all for the day. Sorry for #3, it just breaks my heart.

Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment