Thursday, 10 January 2013
New Year's
This is a couple of weeks late but that's just fine. I accomplished quite a few things that may not seem like a big deal but they make me feel like I'm getting into a groove. A non-procrastinating groove. This post is a bit everywhere and I'm sorry about that.
Hubby was called up to work for December 29th so that morning he packed up the van and headed off and is still gone. I spent my evening with a lovely bottle of sparkling wine and went to bed a bit too late and finally got to sleep in a bit. I'm hoping we get next y year, we've known each other for about nine years and have been together for one New Years.
The twins got a cold that could have been worse but Audrey is a big clinger when she's sick so it gets a bit taxing.
After I finished Game of Thrones I had intended to get into Cloud Atlas but was gifted with a book called "Regressions: The Lengths People Will go to Discover Authentic Love." It was written as the first of three books by a man called Mark Allard whom I met and connected with in the Spring. He is a great person with so many great ideas and contagious energy.
If you are into alternative medicine and healing or spirituality without organised religion you should enjoy it. You can find the Facebook page here. Check it out, he's working on the next two right now.
I also made some pretty good food. Easy, peasy pulled pork pockets (I forgot to take pictures), these meringue nets from Sweetapolita (mine were nowhere near as pretty but they taste fantastic) and a delicious quinoa salad that I will post in the next couple of days.
Hopefully I can get back into my one idea posts next time, that's what happens when one waits too long in between posts.
Have a great weekend all!
P.S. My sister and I are going to Blue Rodeo tomorrow!!! We went a few years ago and it is still the best concert I have ever been to. I'm as excited as a teenager going to see.....whatever boy is popular now.
Labels:
books,
family,
food,
inner growth,
random
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment