Friday, 28 December 2012

Cranberry Lime Infused Vodka

Tracy over at Shutterbean seems to have a love of infusing her vodka and they all sound great. Strawberry, candy cane...mmmmmm and I wanted to make some. Unfortunately hubby didn't seem into the candy cane variety, which bummed me out a bit. I went on a search for one he would like and found cranberry lime infused vodka at Fancy Napkin and he wanted it right then so he ran out for all the stuff. We have a couple boxes of clean wine bottles left from Jason's past endeavors so I used those. It's so easy I'm not sure why we don't do this.

Here we go!

1) Get your empty bottle and pour a bit of sugar into it I'm not gonna lie, I have no idea how much I put in, maybe a tablespoon and a half. You don't want it too sweet but you DO want to cut a bit of the tartness from the cranberries.



2) Get your cranberries. I cut my them in half and popped them in the bottle. I used half a bag for one bottle.
3) Then peel the zest off the lime, try to get as little pith as possible. I used one lime.




4) Pour that vodka into your bottle, seal it up and give it a little turn. Agitate it everday or two and in a few days it will be ready for consumption. There is some difference in opinion on how long to leave it but we waited about a week and it's pretty good.
You could use it for pretty much anything. Crantinis or mix it with some club soda and a bit of lime cordial (this is the one I'm going on about), I'm not great at thinking up drinks but my awesome husband is.

Nighty night!


No comments:

Post a Comment