Anyways, Brin has been asking for a fishing rod all her own since last summer but we decided to wait until she showed a firm interest in it instead of it being a novelty. They aren't expensive but why have it taking up space if you don't have to. So, I was an a spiritual get together a couple of weeks ago and Jason bought two new fishing rods, he broke his last summer, a blue one for him an a pink one for Brin. We got home at about 10 that night and she wanted to go try it right then, obviously that wasn't happening. We have a lot of things to do so it took a couple of days before we were able to take her, she asked every waking hour if she could go though.
Practicing her cast.
After she practiced a bit Jason baited her line and after about a minute she felt a tugging. This wasnt her face until I told her she needed to act excited.
Daddy caught one and she caught a second one. We released two of them, you don't really want to eat pike, but gave Kona one to see what he would do.
He wasn't a fan. We put it back in but I doubt it survived. It was a fun night for her.
As a side note, I wasn't really going to go. I didn't want to take the babies and every time all six of us go somewhere, I get to lovely task of trying to keep the twins happy AND keeping the puppy in order. If you know our twins you know that they like to go in ten different directions at one. Kona thinks he's small still so he likes to get up in everyone's arms for a snuggle. In reality he weighs about 55lbs.
No comments:
Post a Comment