Tuesday, 21 August 2012

Our Horse Dog

Now is the time for the story of the pies tht never made it to the neighbors. These people moved in at the beginning of Summer so they aren't really now, but I procrastinate. We had met them and said hi and stuff but I decided to bake them a pie. The first pie was just a good old, double crust apple pie, I have no picture of it. It was all ready to go then they went camping for the long weekend, so we ate it. The second one was a peach bourbon pie, I do have pictures of that one.

I even attempted to make a pretty edge. I don't usually do that, I like rustic looking pies. Yes, that is a giant blob of butter. This pie came out pretty good, maybe a bit dark, I left it in a few extra minutes, but I have made worse. It was almost ready, I was going to have my honey take it over when he got  home form....where ever he was, then I noticed that it was very quiet in my house. I stood up, peeked around the corner and there was our Kona jumping down from the counter and bolting for his room.


He sat here, with no gate for about half an hour. He knows when I'm going to get upset with him. I forget that he's getting really big sometimes and can get up to the counter now, so it may be my own fault.


Ignore my dirty stove top please.


The damage up close. Now in all honesty I know this isn't so bad, it can still be eaten but you can't just give it to someone. I took it to Dawn's house and we ate too much of it while I watched The Princess Bride for the first time. Don't judge me!
After this I was feeling a bit defeated, like the new people would never get the pie I really wanted to give them but still I tried again the following weekend. This one made it!




The dog was outside, Jason was tired and wanted to nap and the pie was still warm but I made him take it over anyways since he hadn't met the husband yet. Grandma was the only one home. SERIOUSLY?! The others were coming home the next day though and they still got some. It took some doing and me eating more pie then I need but they finally got one. They came and thanked me and I felt better.

I am not a patient person at all and the whole thing was starting to irritate me. I decided to laugh because really it's not a big deal, they wouldn't have known the difference anyways.
Let's hope the Christmas gifts make it without incident this year.




No comments:

Post a Comment