t was my 29th birthday on Saturday July 7. It was fun, restful and full of people who make me happy. It wasn't even all about me, which is what made it better I think. My friend's daughter shares my birthday so we went to her pool birthday party. It was great being there with the kids, B got to see a boy she has a huge crush on, they are now best friends apparently. Jewel is a girls girl and got some awesome girls gifts. Barbie all the way! Her mom, my friend Dawn, isn't from around here either and helped me get over the rough couple of months I've had. In not so many words she reminded me that our community has it's own dynamic. Not everyone is going to get along and I need to find the good, hold on to it and let go of the not so good. It may take a bit of time for an individual to show their true colors but it's necessary to find the people who bring good to our lives and to let go of the others.
I'm still pretty young but I have learned a lot in the last few years. It's in my nature to want to help everyone, nurture and protect them but I can't to it all. It distracts me from what is most important, which is finding the best version of myself, which helps my entire family become the best version of themselves. I've also learn that not everyone is who you think they are and that people CAN change who they are.
There is a woman who picked on me relentlessly during ninth through twelfth grade. She said awful things to and about me and sometimes it bothered me but most of the time I just let it roll off. Looking back she threw unhappiness out of herself, she always seemed miserable. Now she radiates happiness and is just so nice to me that you think we were the best of friends in school. She's never apologized but it doesn't even seem important anymore. I'm glad we can talk together with smiles and be sincerely happy for each other.
I guess what I want to say is that I am grateful for who I have in my life. It's hard work everyday to become a better person then you were yesterday and sometimes I fail, but everyone around me will help me get there eventually.
Alisha
No comments:
Post a Comment