Monday, 2 July 2012
Quick Summary
I haven't been able to post as much as I want to, my computer is still broken and I haven't mastered posting pictures from my mom's borrowed iPad.
There's a good chance I will have a ton of posts to do up in a day or two when I, hopefully, get my laptop back in my hands.
For now I will go over the fun things that have happened and will happen.
The last day of school was on June 27. There was an awards ceremony that could bring anyone to tears. Our classes are pretty small, the whole school population was about 127, grades one through nine, this lets our teachers really get to know our kids. Every teacher wants their students to succeed but our teachers get the chance to care and support the same way that a parent does. I have never seen a teacher cry over their students moving up from one school to the next, or over how a child has improved socially, it's just wonderful. This year the principal and a teacher were retiring and that brought on more tears. There were a lot of tissues being passed around.
B is getting started on her summer reading list. In a week or so I think we will start working on some of the things she was struggling with at the end of the year. There are only two or three things and she usually catches on after half an hour of focused work. She starts swimming lessons in two weeks. She's determined to go up two levels this year and I'm pretty confident that she can do it.
I will definitely get down to potty training this week, I've said it a couple times but they are very ready and I need to take it seriously.
J and I took the oldest to see Brave.......I wanted to watch it again right away.
The twins birthday party was a lot of fun. As fun as it looks to decorate a ton and have a theme through out I just can't do it. It's a lot of time and expense for just a couple of "it looks great in here," comments. I don't have the time for that but sometimes I wish I did.
When I can I will do a couple of photo round up posts, this seems so incomplete without a pictures.
Goodnight!
Alisha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment