Miss B is turning 7 next month and we're planning a tea party for it. I forgot to take pictures of the invite, which I had to get done while I had the drive and remembered, but I will get everything else.
Last year I swore I would not make cakes for birthdays, B's expectations are beyond my abilities. Her friend Avery has a severe peanut allergy and I just cannot handle the thought of anything happening to that girl, it makes my stomach turn. As long as she is coming to our birthday parties I will be making the cake, Avery is too important and has too much to share with the world for me to take a chance. I hope she enjoys chocolate.
My sweetie was home last week, it was bliss. We went to our community Irish concert on Thursday and everyone did a great job. Our little Highland dancers are so flippin' cute! I love living somewhere where people want to be around and support each other, I dreamed about living somewhere like that when I was a kid.
We got a lot of wedding planning done and he started cleaning up the yard while I did a mountain range of laundry. In November (?) we had a HUGE wind storm and we ended up with all the leaves from the South end of town in our yard. I know it sounds like I'm exaggerating, but let me show you this.
This is from the smaller side of the front yard and he didn't even get to all of them. There are more down one side of the house and in the back. Thinking about it reasonably, we need to build a fence on the East side of our property, J ripped out some bushes last year, and need to put a panel up in front, so it's 'our own fault. Also, just after I took this picture it started snowing then this is what the yard looked like about two hours later.
Now the snow is almost all gone! This is what I was talking about in my last post about there always being one more snow day.
I'm still itching to get outside and finish up with the yard. We have a fence to build, grass to till right up, a new path to pour, garden beds to plant, *sigh* my heart is fluttery just thinking about it.
What is everyone else most excited about?
Nighty night all!
P.S. The other day Baby A threw her arms around Baby B, kissed her, layed her head on Baby B's shoulder and said "I love you". It was so sweet!
thank you for those words. we kinda love her too.
ReplyDelete