Thursday, 26 January 2012
The Storm Inside My Head
The storm mentioned above is not the kind that I should get medication for. No, this is the kind of storm that creeps up on one's good mood in a dark alley, jumps that poor good mood from behind, then beats the crap out of it until it is no longer recognizable.
This week I had a ridiculous problem with overreacting. I felt like a grumpy bear, awoken from hibernation a couple of weeks to early by a curious little mouse, wondering what the rumbling is. (Sorry, I have also been reading Anne of Avonlea this week)
I feel much better now and have apologized to whom I needed to. I think it's because B has been very cheerful this week and the twins have learned 9000 new words each. The most notable of these words are found in the phrase, "YEEHAW! Giddyup." My kids are the cutest.
There have been a couple of projects I have stumbled across (possibly on Pinterest) that I really want to do for the girls. There is this alphabet book from Small Potatoes that would be awesome. I've figured that since she can do it with six kids, I can do it with twins.
I have also started these technology tickets from Ducks in a Row. She said she got the idea somewhere else, but I saw her's first so I will post her blog. I say I started it because I have the tickets made up but don't have anything else, I forget every time I go out. I've heard of these things called shopping lists or to do lists, but I can never seem to leave the house with them.
Hopefully I can get on this, I'm a huge procrastinator (like right now I should be tidying the kitchen for a special visitor tomorrow).
The last thing of things is that I think I miss the '50's. The dresses, the manners, the hats, the illusion of perfection but most of all the music. I don't think I can put into words the way the music makes me feel. It set a different mood, invoked different feelings and was oh so full of soul. *sigh* Why is 90% of music produced today crap? Why do people settle for music that is only good for background noise? So little of it makes your brain work or your heart and body move. The same sound carried through the '60's but I think it hit hardest in the late 50's. I may only be 28 but I'm pretty sure that my most recent past life occurred in the '50's, I'm very sure my friend Angela lived next door to me.
Love
Alisha
P.S. My bridesmaid bought her dress on Monday! YAY!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment