This passed week has been so cold. We have been pretty spoiled this winter, most days have been well above freezing, but last Sunday Old Man Winter reminded us that he is alive and well. It was freezing, I took Miss B to school in -36°C (that's -33° F). We only live 2 houses and across the street away but that's still a rough walk when it's that brisk. She has been getting a lot of hot chocolate after school though and she loves that. What else warms your tummy and soul like hot chocolate? Which brings me to this.
I've read about it many times over the last couple of weeks but couldn't find it. This is possibly due to the fact that I only looked in the closest "full" grocery store, which has nothing. I found it at Wal-mart on Tuesday and will most likely drink it forever. I love it.
It's starting to warm up now, -20 today, I love the snow but hate the cold. I hate that J has to work in the cold. However it does give me some more time to get things done, like crocheting again. I haven't crocheted since I was a little girl and the hat I made wasn't great but it was better than it could have been. I really just want slippers for myself. I've also had a bit more time to read. I finished The Sisters Brothers, it was fantastic, and have moved on the The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. I haven't gotten too far into it yet but it seems like it it will be good.
OH!!! I haven't even mentioned anything wedding related. I feel so accomplished, I have my dress ordered, ceremony and receptions sites booked, florist chosen, invites chosen, guest list is finalized and our photographer done (really I've had her since before we were engaged, Jason doesn't know that though). I'm a huge procrastinator so being organised is a big deal. I know there is still a lot to do but I feel ahead. I think we might have a DJ as well but J was supposed to take care of that. October 13 is only 267 days away!
Also, my Maid of Honor got engaged a few days ago!! I'm so excited for her it's a bit ridiculous. RIDICULOUS!!
Thank you and farewell.
Alisha
No comments:
Post a Comment