Tuesday, 4 December 2012

Getting Ready for Christmas

The other day my dear girl decorated her gingerbread house. We just got one from Costco, which by the way comes assembled and takes half the fun out of it, and decorated it to her heart's content. This year was the first that she didn't overdo it and I actually wish she had. There is just something missing when the gingerbread is not covered with a thick layer of royal icing and weighted down by candy.




Ignore my open dishwasher

We decorated our tree on Sunday and it felt like we waited too long.  I have really been into Christmas this year, REALLY into it, but I was considering not putting up a tree. The twins get into everything, the dog thinks everything is a tasty treat, I didn't want one more thing to run and rescue.
We did it anyways, it's still pink, gold and white and I still love it.





I still have not found a topper that I like.....the search goes on!

Alisha

2 comments:

  1. I love your Christmas tree color scheme! Mine is mostly blue, white, and silver, with a little green thrown in. Our dog doesn't try to eat the tree or ornaments, but her tail spells destruction for anything breakable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we've had it since it was just Brin and I. We say we will change it every year just never get to buying new ornaments.

      Delete