Thursday, 8 November 2012

Reading

I decided to take a step out of my regular book genres and take a walk into fantasy. I don't find anything wrong with fantasy but I have read very few books. I guess Harry Potter is considered kid's fantasy, and I love it, and I read the Lord of the Rings when I was a kid but that's as far as it goes. Right now I am reading the Songs of Ice and Fire series, if you didn't already know that's the series that begins with A Game of Thrones. I had been planning on reading it for a while but I have a strong preference towards hardcover and that can get expensive. When I saw the first 4 in trade paper back at Costco for $22 I decided to go for it.



One thing I had forgotten about fantasy is that it often bounces between characters, but other than getting used it that it is really great.  Being a stay at home mom my brain sometimes needs a bit of complexity and reading fantasy does that for me. I'm still only on A Game of Thrones, but I will definitely be reading the entire series.
I think I will take a break after the first one though, I still have Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell waiting to be read.
Step outside your usual book genre, Sudoku isn't the only way to exercise your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment