Coffee Bacon
from Joy the Baker
8 slices uncooked bacon
1/4 cup freshly ground coffee
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons molasses
1 tablespoon water
Lay cascading bacon slices atop one another
so that the fat is on top. Place bacon on top of a piece of plastic
wrap or brown butcher paper.
In a small bowl, stir together ground
coffee, chili powder, brown sugar, molasses, and water. Spread the
mixture on top of the bacon slices, pressing with the back of a spoon.
The coffee topping will only be on the top, fatted rim of the bacon.
Wrap the bacon and coffee in the plastic wrap or butcher paper, maybe put in in a plastic bag and
place in the fridge.
When ready to bake, place a rack in the
center of the oven and preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking
sheet with parchment paper and pay separate bacon slices on the paper in
a single layer. If you prefer, you can wipe some of the ground coffee
marinade off before baking. The majority of the coffee will only be on
the top layer of the bacon slice.(I wiped the coffee off, you can still taste it.)
Bake until browned and crisp, 14 to 17 minutes, or until bacon has reached your desired crispiness. then eat the heck out of it!The longer it sits the more candy-ish it will be and the less time it will need to cook.
I have also made:
This sticky pork from The Mini Manor.We served it with quinoa, rice and over sauteed spinach, they were all pretty delicious.
I made this orange ginger pork from Mennonite Girls Can Cook, it was sooo good, Brin hates orange anything and ate two huge helpings. It was also very good with chicken. Also, I added onion, I felt it was missing something without at least one vegetable.
Have you ever made broccoli quinoa casserole? No?! DO it! I made this one and my man was perfectly alright with it as a light dinner with no protein.
This next one I have no real link for, it was just on Pinterest and we all like it.
Melt a stick of butter in the pan. Slice one lemon and layer it on top of the butter. Put down fresh shrimp, then sprinkle one pack of dried Italian seasoning. Put in the oven and bake at 350 for 15 min.
Our kids love sloppy joes, especially Baby B who likes to make a mess out of absolutely everything. Jason has his own way of making them and the kids like it, one day I decided to step outside of the box and make Ree's over at Pioneer Woman. I used half the sugar though, I like spicy-ish sloppy joes now sweet.
On the sweet side of like I also made three pies. They were all meant for the new people across the street only one made it. As I said before I will tell you the story next.
I also made some blueberry cinnamon rolls from Beantown Baker. Jason's mom was having a spiritual gathering yesterday and I took the leftovers there, apparently I need to make them again. I just gave people the link, it's not like it's mine. I secretly wish it was though.
I think that's it. If not I'm sure I will tell again.
No comments:
Post a Comment