Thursday, 9 August 2012

Round Up Part Two

Alrighty, here is the second round finally. My house has been a disaster and we've been adventuring around the last week. First of all, I know Jason likes me and stuff but I'm pretty sure Dawn loves me more. She gave me this for my birthday.

Yeah, yeah it's blurry, we'll get a new camera one day.
They were AWESOME and I think that anyone who drinks should get something like this whenever they have a baby.

Next is our busiest weekend of the summer. July 20-22. We had a family reunion about an hour away, a bridal shower, we were planning a barbecue for Jason's birthday on the Sunday and Jason's actual birthday on the 23rd. We were planning on staying a night at the family reunion. We tent camp and doing it with two 2-year-olds doesn't appeal to me at all. As we were pulling out of town, literally crossing the tracks, Jason got called up to work for Saturday night. UGH!!! Of course this would happen his birthday weekend. We had a cake for 12-15 people and a bunch of food ready to be made up. On Friday we went to the reunion and stayed for the day, I didn't get many pictures and I really don't know a lot of people on that side of my family, but we still had a good time.
I freakin' love this picture!

My sister, niece and nephew


She's the black sheep with blonde hair

Walking across the river




 It turns out that Brin is a pro at roasting marshmallows. She gets the prefect color and it's even, I'm one proud mama ;). It was hot, hot, hot and we went through a ton of water but the kids had a great time doing whatever they did and the twins passed out on the way home. Brin stayed with my mom for the weekend and had fun with her cousins.

Jason picked up his cake Saturday morning then came home for a steak and some cake before he left at 2pm. We were really sad he had to go.



He has a Land Rover he's fixing up that looks like this. It was chocolate with raspberry filling which seems to be his favorite kind. This was our last cake from Sugar Shack Cakes and it was prefect. Wait until you seen my nephew's. I just need to get the pictures from my sister.
I did end up going to the bridal shower but I have nothing worth showing from that. I don't even have one of the bride! She is my lovely friend Ashlea. She's one of those people that I really didn't like at first, not even for a real reason, then got over myself. She has become one of my favorite people. 

I've mentioned before that it's been hot this summer, it's almost unbearable some days. B has still been riding her bike and coming home looking like this.


The babies have discovered that they love popcicles.



We had a picnic in the front yard and the babies though it was the greatest idea ever. They pretty much pigged out on whatever was in front of them instead of eating a bit of everything. Poor Brin only got one strawberry.




It's best to get pictures of Brin like this. If you tell her it's happening she will make a terrible face.



I'm working on a recipe post. Sadly most of my recipes were on my laptop so that post will be other people's recipes I have made. The only one I have of mine is pie and I have no pictures of that right now, there is even a story for that, which could be funny by the time I get to taking them.

Later!



No comments:

Post a Comment