Thursday, 10 May 2012

Soccer!

Soccer was finally able to start this week. There is very little B loves as much as she loves soccer. It is one of the very few things she does where she gets in the zone and doens't care about anything else around her. Sure she gets distracted when she's waiting for her turn in drills, but she's seven, she will get over it. I think her love for the sport started the first time she ever saw the Backyardigans episode where Pablo was the soccer monster.

She was maybe two at the time and has loved it ever since. I missed registration last year and she was devastated, she had to do t-ball instead and she just did not like it.


She likes standing there with her foot on the ball, she always has, I think it makes her feel professional or something. She got those socks with her uniform two years ago when we lived in the city, they are huge, they are still huge, I'm not sure how she runs in them.

This is completely unrelated but I will share it anyways.





We don't have our yard completely fenced in yet for the puppy. J was called away to work a couple of days after we got him and just got back the other day. He got started on it yesterday and as usual our conversation went something like this:

Me: Where are you goin'?
Him: Oh I think I'm just going to go put that fence up.
Me: It's seven, you're just going to pop a fence up?
Him: Well I'll get it started, I might not finish it but it won't take too long.

He is such a jump up and doer (?) and since I am not I have a hard time wrapping my head around it. One time last year he said, "I'm just going to take those shelves apart and build that bookshelf you wanted. If there is enough wood I will build one for Brin too." Who does that?!
He didn't get the front fence finished but it shouldn't take too long to long to get it done. Kona seems to have taken this fence as a challenge. He never used to run to the alley in the back, where there is a piddley fence that doesn't go across the whole property. There was a big shed there that is now in the front. Anyways, he's much more adventurous, has seen the Landrover in the back and loves hiding under it.

Now it is time to prepare for our busy weekend. There is shopping to do, birthday parties to attend, J's high school reunion to get to, which is really a most of the weekend event, friends to visit with, reading to catch up on and all while keeping the kids and puppy from getting too cranky being away from home. *whew* I'm tuckered out already.

Goooodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment