Monday, 5 March 2012

Workin' It Out

Alright! I need to lose a bit of weight and tighten up before I get married. I ordered my in my regular size but I did that right after Christmas, after I had gained 5 lbs. For it to fit I only need to lose 8 lbs easy peasy, I think. It has come to my attention that around my age (28) one's metabolism slows quite a bit so it might take a bit more work. Ideally I would like to lose about 25 lbs. It's there, you might not be able to see it but my weight is very evenly distributed and I weight more than I look like I do. I decided to make those motivation marble jars that are floating around on various blogs. Mine look like this.


Each marble represents 0.2 of a pound. I was going to do one marble per pound but 25 marbles seemed a bit too easy. I have started working out almost every day and and am working on what I eat. I know diet is the key to health but it's a bit of a struggle for me some days. My DNA tells me that I must love sugar and carbs but also says that those two things must immediately become fat. I know I can do the 8 lbs but the rest will take some hard work. It's easy to exercise while the twins nap, unfortunately that's at the same time that B is used to eating lunch so 3 days a week it's a gong show.
We will see how it goes, by that I mean see how dedicated I am.

On a wedding note. My dress, bridesmaid's dress, ceremony site, officiant, reception site, accommodations and photographer are done. I just have to pay the deposit for the florist and I should be ordering my invitations shortly. Someone once told me that planning a wedding is fun.....they lied.
I don't really understand why some people need their wedding to be such a big show. It's sad to see some people put such effort into having a huge, expensive party and then end up with nothing to put into their marriage. I'm concentration on what will last. I like flowers and all but I can guarantee that our photographer will not be going around and snapping every arrangement, my pictures take priority over flowers. Besides, it's in Banff, the flowers won't compare anyways ;).

Goodnight!
Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment