I know a lot of people think Valentine's Day was thought up as a marketing opportunity, it wasn't. From what it once was it HAS been twisted by religion, time and expectation. We don't do anything really big, I usually get a handmade card, which are better always than any store bought card I have seen, and that's all (I buy my cards for J).
This year J had been away at work for almost 6 weeks, he did come home for 36 hours in that time but that's just not enough. Him and I hadn't been out, just the two of us to do what we wanted in a long time. Yesterday we went to the city, had way too much sushi for two people, saw a movie, went a bought a new shower curtain then came home and had leftover sushi, with champagne this time. It seems like a typical Valentine's date but it was more to just be together in general.
As much as we love our girls we've never been without kids and it's nice to get away from them sometimes.
While J was gone Miss B and I made heart shaped cookies. She loves baking and says she loves decorating, but usually takes off after decorating six cookies. (I'm sorry they're so small, I couldn't find the original ones)
These were her Valentine's she gave out at school. She didn't actually like them that much but I will probably never do it again.
![]() |


what a smart idea! I should do that.....
ReplyDelete