One of our favorite things to do on Canada Day is head to Banff. This year Jason was at work so I headed out with my parents, my sister and her family. We hiked Johnston Canyon, which is gorgeous no matter how busy it is. I was walking with my mom and the twins and the only time there wasn't a bunch of other people around a young, black bear came galloping out of the trees towards the river, just a couple of inches behind me. I was telling Jason the night before that I had never seen a bear in the wild, it pretty great.
After that we headed to the town site where the twins and I met up with my friends Adam, Amanda and their newborn Caitlin, she's such a doll. We stayed for the parade but just before it reached where we were sitting the twins wanted to go find my parents and the three of us didn't see any of it.
I'm sorry about the picture overload, it was just a perfect day.
 |
| We had lunch here, horrible right? |
 |
| The sunset was spectacular. |
No comments:
Post a Comment