Thursday, 6 February 2014

New Books



What is it with "young adult" books that is so appealing? It's been kind of frigid outside so we've been inside a lot and I can't stop reading "The Mortal Instruments" series by Cassandra Clare. CAN'T STOP!
I can't put my finger on what makes it so intriguing but it was so easy for me to get caught up.
I had to take a break from Game of Thrones for a bit. I like them but am having a hard tiem sticking with it. I blame the damn tiny font fantasy novels are printed it. I'm about half way through the third one and while there might have been a little lull in there it isn't to the extent that there was with New Moon. (Yeah I read it. Not great but they got me through boredom.)

I've read that a lot of younger fans were crazy upset over how different the movie is from the book but so much happens and setting change so much in the book that it really would have been impossible.  I like that the characters are developed just enough to feel for them and know that there could be more to come but not so much that the whole thing is predictable. The last oen is set to be released in May so I obviously need ot be caught up before then.

Read it now. It'll be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment