Someone has definitely missed the rain though and that is my garden. With all the rain in July my garden went nuts. I couldn't keep up with my greens (spinach and purple mustard greens) at all, with the hot then pouring weather they bolted. I ended up taking what I could to freeze and give away then pulled them up. We did some white carrots and white beets that are happily hanging out in the ground until I feel like getting them.
The big deal was the tomatoes though. I had a few different varieties that I planted and the shining star was definitely the Orange Strawberry tomatoes. It grew fast and huge and there was so much fruit I had to prune about half of it, it's still trying to flower. There was one, the first big one that I pretty much obsessed over until I cut it off the other day.
![]() |
| No chemicals!! It did this all on it's own. |
These tomatoes take a long time to ripen. I don't know if it was because I should have put it on the other side (the sunnier side) of the garden or if it's just the variety, once the nights cooled off it finally stepped up it's game. It was worth the wait though. It's not too acidic, not too sweet and perfect on it's own. I would definitely recommend it if you can get some seeds.
There are a few more hanging out on that plant that have started to ripen that I am also watching anxiously. Multi-colored bruchetta always tastes better.
I will try and get a round up of summer pictures soon, They are spread across two cameras and a cell phone.
Alisha

No comments:
Post a Comment