Now onto other things. It has been raining for about 3 days now. This is both good and bad. It is good because we had a very, very dry winter and our soil desperately needs it around here. Also, I planted some seeds the other day and got too distracted to water them right away. It is bad because I had planned on planting another row of potatoes and some red onions. It will have to not rain for a couple of days so the soil can dry out a bit and I can get this done.
Miss B loves rain. She would run around in it all day instead of going to school if she could. The kids missed the first day of soccer but that's fine she had her favorite creepy, crawlies out.
This rain barrel of ours hadn't been emptied in a while, it was kind of gross. So I dumped it over on Saturday, I didn't want to contribute to our mosquito problem this year. It smelled like a dirty beach at low tide, the ground sure soaked it up though. Anyways, so I emptied it on Saturday and it looks like this now.
This is one hundred times cleaner and smells like rain. I may even be brave enough to put it on my plants this year.
Last week was awesome. The girls and pup got to play outside a lot, explore sand again and just not be inside.
I am excited for soccer to actually happen, it's B's favorite sport. She is a pretty fast runner and can kick very hard and I think it's a place where she knows for a fact she can excel so she isn't as cautious as usual. She is never shy once her cleats are laced up.
Tomorrow I am going to hopefully tackle a good carpet clean. I've slacked on my spring cleaning and just need to get on it already!!
Nighty night
No comments:
Post a Comment